Wednesday, November 12, 2008

血と捨て身の日

The Day of Blood and Sacrifice

Sounds bad huh? Actually, it was one of the best days I've had over here in Japan. For starters, the senior members of the Judo Team graduated yesterday, and Fujita Takeshi-San was promoted to the captain. Today was a very small practice. 10 people, so I was able to fight a lot. 6 times out of 9. I had a pimple on my forehead, which popped, and it bled all over whoever I fought. I fought Kawashima-San twice, who is both heavier (which also means stronger), and a lot more skilled, of course, he's Japanese. Most of the time, because of his superior strength and skill, I attempted a lot of sacrifice throws. The great thing about these fights was I frequently stopped some of his throw attempts and was able to make him bend over a couple of times. Kawashima-San is a very lou... er... vocal person, and whenever this would happen, he would yell, 「こいつ強い!」 This guy is strong! Coming from such a strong competitor such as Kawashima-San, it really made my day. But what he said is true. Since I've gotten here, I really have gotten much stronger. And the weirdest thing is that I have actually lost weight. I didn't think I had any weight to lose, but when I came, I was 68 kilos. Now, I am 64. びっくりした(I was surprised). The cutoff for the weight division I am currently in is 66 kilos, so I now have weight to gain.

In other news, you just lost The Game :)!

No comments: